Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

My Christmas has been quite merry and bright. My family celebrated on Christmas Eve so my brother could spend the day with his in-laws. (I don't have any, so thus no problem for me.)




I was surprised and delighted to find Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, and Inspiration
under the tree this year. I received other very nice gifts, including a down parka and photo collage of my family, but none are wholly relevant to my blog. I love the projects in this book. I love the layout, and the descriptions, and most of all, the pictures. This, along with Material Obsession Two: Shared Inspiration, were on my short list to buy for myself. I have no idea how, of all the quilting books out there, Mom picked the "perfect" one!

In other news, I was walking through JoAnn's the other day, and saw the perfect shade of University of Tennessee Orange yarn. As my Sister-in-Law is a huge basketball fan, I started this little scarf for her birthday. The last one I made her has been claimed by my 10-month niece.



The pattern will be published for free on Ravelry as soon as it's finished. I just need another skein of orange to finish it up. It being Christmas and me being out of yarn, it won't be done for a day or two.

And, finally, my Green4Me is finally starting to look like a quilt!



I'm very glad I added the 1/2 inch sashing. It's added a little size to the quilt, but it helps the design of the squares stand out. It's Kona Snow and I need to order more if I want to go any farther with this top. I'm going to be very happy with it when it's finished, which was not a feeling I was having about 6 months ago. And once I'm done with this, I can get cracking on a few other things.

Ooh! And in other good news, it looks like I get to make even more baby items. My best friend (and by that I mean the one that is still willing to add to her family) has a bun in the oven. I'm thinking about a quilt but will ask her first--I wasn't really able to talk on the day I got the good news--but I have some really cute fabric in mind that I'd like to play with, even if she doesn't want a baby quilt. I'd make her a baby afghan, but she's the queen of the baby afghan, and maybe I'll make something with sleeves, or maybe some toys. I don't know. I've got 7 months to get something accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment