Sunday, October 10, 2010

70s Retro - Starsky

I've always had it in my head that I wanted to knit myself a sweater. No, not one of those Grandma Fair Isle ones, or a cream cabled Aran. A nice cardigan, in a lovely color that complements dog and cat hair, as well as my wardrobe.

I settled on Starsky, a free Knitty pattern. I prepared initially by knitting a basic baby sweater, because it'd be crazy to make myself a nice huge sweater and do a poor job finishing it. So that went well.



Now I'm nearly halfway through my Starsky. I took this pic of the left front panel to show the cable pattern.

I also had the lovely experience of needing to replace both my keyboard AND my mouse in the same week. I was smart and bought a set--and it's wonderful finally having a wireless keyboard. And switching back to a Logitech mouse. I forgot how much I missed my last one. Then, the next day, it went on sale. I was prepared to spend the full $50--but I got them both for just $20! Rockstar awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment